Scott Daniels | April 15, 2010
Reexamination requests are typically reported in the Official Gazette approximately three months after filing. Such a delay in reporting requests, particularly requests that involve copending District Court litigation, is too long. We will therefore report new ex parte and inter partes reexamination requests filed the previous week as they appear on the Patent Office EFS. In some cases, the information available from the Patent Office is still incomplete.
This past week, the following inter partes requests were made:
(1) 95/001,334 – U.S. Patent No. 7,434,794 owned by Sulzer Chemtech AG and entitled MASS TRANSFER METHOD USING STATIC PACKINGS. Filed April 5, 2010.
(2) 95/000,541 – U.S. Patent No. 7,479,949 owned by Apple Inc. and entitled TOUCH SCREEN DEVICE, METHOD, AND GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE FOR DETERMINING COMMANDS BY APPLYING HEURISTICS. Filed April 2, 2010.
And the following ex parte requests were made:
(1) 90/010,942 – U.S. Patent No. 6,715,446 owned by Yuntek International, Inc. and entitled PET TENT. Filed April 5, 2010.
(2) 90/010,943 – U.S. Patent No. 6,665,797 having Ho Keung Tse as its named inventor and entitled PROTECTION OF SOFTWARE AGAIN AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED USE. Filed April 6, 2010 by eBay Inc.
(3) 90/010,944 – U.S. Patent No. 6,135,904 having Ryan G. Guthrie as its named inventor and entitled BICYCLE DERAILLEUR CHAIN DAMPER. Filed April 6, 2010 by Shimano, Inc.
(4) 90/010,945 – U.S. Patent No. 6,110,912 owned by the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and Yeda Research and Development Co., Ltd. and entitled CYTOSKELETAL ACTIVE AGENTS FOR GLAUCOMA THERAPY. Filed April 6, 2010 by Yeda Research and Development Co., Ltd.
(5) 90/010,946 – U.S. Patent No. 7,244,054 having Chou Po Hung as its named inventor and entitled DIRECTION INDICATION LIGHT INSTALLED ON A HANDLE OF A CAR DOOR. Filed April 7, 2010.
(6) 90/010,947 – U.S. Patent No. 6,112,279 owned by Lucent Technologies, Inc. and entitled VIRTUAL WEB CACHING SYSTEM. Filed April 7, 2010 by Akamai Technologies, Inc.
(7) 90/010,948 – U.S. Patent No. 7,290,288 owned by Prism Technologies, L.L.C. and entitled METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR CONTROLLING ACCESS, BY AN AUTHENTICATION SERVER, TO PROTECTED COMPUTER RESOURCES PROVIDED VIA AN INTERNET PROTOCOL NETWORK. Filed April 8, 2010.
(8) 90/009,711 – U.S. Patent No. 7,105,470 owned by Bayer CropScience AG and entitled HERBICIDAL COMPOSITIONS FOR TOLERANT OR RESISTANT SOYBEAN CROPS. Filed March 26, 2010.
(9) 90/009,712 – U.S. Patent No. 7,192,218 owned by PS Systems Inc. and entitled DIRECT RECHARGE INJECTION OF UNDERGROUND WATER RESERVOIRS. Filed March 31, 2010.
(10) 90/009,717 – U.S. Patent No. 7,052,207 owned by WIMCO, LLC and entitled SEDIMENT CONTROL DRAIN AND METHOD OF CONSTRUCTION. Filed April 5, 2010 by Royal Concrete Pipe, Inc. d/b/a Royal Environmental Systems, Inc.