Scott Daniels | March 18, 2010
Reexamination requests are typically reported in the Official Gazette approximately three months after filing. Such a delay in reporting requests, particularly requests that involve copending District Court litigation, is too long. We will therefore report new ex parte and inter partes reexamination requests filed the previous week as they appear on the Patent Office EFS. In some cases, the information available from the Patent Office is still incomplete.
This past week, the following inter partes requests were made:
(1) 95/001,324 – U.S. Patent No. 7,520,659 owned by Sunbeam Products, Inc. and entitled BLENDER BASE WITH FOOD PROCESSOR CAPABILITIES. Filed March 12, 2010 by Homeland Housewares, LLC.
(2) 95/001,325 – U.S. Patent No. 6,758,592 owned by Sunbeam Products, Inc. and entitled BLENDER JAR WITH RECIPE MARKINGS. Filed March 12, 2010 by Homeland Housewares, LLC.
(3) 95/000,539 – U.S. Patent No. 6,564,275 owned by Aten International Co., Ltd. and entitled ELECTRONIC SWITCHING DEVICE FOR A UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS INTERFACE. Filed March 8, 2010.
And the following ex parte requests were made:
(1) 90/010,890 – U.S. Patent No. 5,764,899 owned by Motorola, Inc. and entitled METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR COMMUNICATING AN OPTIMIZED REPLY. Filed March 7, 2010.
(2) 90/010,891 – U.S. Patent No. 6,101,531 owned by Motorola, Inc. and entitled SYSTEM FOR COMMUNICATING USER-SELECTED CRITERIA PREPARED AT WIRELESS CLIENT TO COMMUNICATION SERVER FOR FILTERING DATA TRANSFERRED FROM HOST TO SAID WIRELESS CLIENT. Filed March 7, 2010.
(3) 90/010,892 – U.S. Patent No. 7,602,080 owned by Tigo Energy, Inc. and entitled SYSTEMS AND METHODS TO BALANCE SOLAR PANELS IN A MULTIPANEL SYSTEM. Filed March 8, 2010 by John Walsh.
(4) 90/010,893 – U.S. Patent No. 5,706,211 owned by Motorola, Inc. and entitled MESSAGE COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM. Filed March 8, 2010.
(5) 90/010,894 – U.S. Patent No. 6,592,644 having Alexander Beckmann as its named inventor and entitled SULFIDIZATION OF SULFIDE ORES FOR HYDROMETALLURGICAL EXTRACTION OF COPPER AND OTHER METALS. Filed March 8, 2010.
(6) 90/010,895 – U.S. Patent No. 6,014,309 owned by Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and entitled LAMINATED CERAMIC ELECTRONIC PARTS. Filed March 8, 2010 by Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd. and Samsung Electro-Mechanics America, Inc.
(7) 90/010,896 – U.S. Patent No. 6,951,894 owned by CIBA Vision Corporation and entitled EXTENDED WEAR OPHTHALMIC LENS. Filed March 8, 2010 by Johnson & Johnson.