Scott Daniels | December 30, 2009
Reexamination requests are typically reported in the Official Gazette approximately three months after filing. Such a delay in reporting requests, particularly for inter partes requests that often involve significant copending District Court litigation, is unfair. We will therefore review the Patent Office files each week to identify inter partes reexamination requests filed the previous week. In some cases, the information available is incomplete.
This past week, the following requests were made:
(1) 95/001,286 – U.S. Patent No. 7,441,196 owned by EMG Tech. and entitled. Apparatus and Method of Manipulating a Region on a WIRELESS DEVICE SCREEN FOR VIEWING, ZOOMING AND SCROLLING INTERNET CONTENT. Filed by Apple December 22, 2009.
(2) 95/001,287 – U.S. Patent No. 7,020,845 owned by EMG Tech. and entitled. Navigating Internet Content on a TELEVISION USING A SIMPLIFIED INTERFACE AND A REMOTE CONTROL. Filed by Apple December 21, 2009.
(3) 95/001,288 – U.S. Patent No. 7,082,312 owned by IBM and entitled SHORT MESSAGE GATEWAY, SYSTEM AND METHOD OF PROVIDING INFORMATION SERVICE FOR MOBILE TELEPHONES. Filed December 22.
(4) 95/001,289 – U.S. Patent No. 7,472,830 owned by Crimson Trace and entitled COMPACT LASER AIMING ASSEMBLY FOR A FIREARM. Filed December 23.
(5) 95/001,290 – U.S. Patent No. 7,260,910 owned by Crimson Trace and entitled COMPACT LASER AIMING ASSEMBLY FOR A FIREARM. Filed December 23.