Scott Daniels | December 24, 2009
Reexamination requests are typically reported in the Official Gazette approximately three months after filing. Such a delay in reporting requests, particularly for inter partes requests that often involve significant copending District Court litigation, is unfair. We will therefore review the Patent Office files each week to identify inter partes reexamination requests filed the previous week. In some cases, the information available is incomplete.
This past week, the following requests were made:
(1) 95/001,280 – U.S. Patent No. 7,433,874 owned by Mark Wolfe and entitled System and Method for Communicating Information Relating to a Network Resource. Filed by Vendio Services December 14, 2009.
(2) 95/001,281 – U.S. Patent No. 7,634,228 owned by Affinity Labs of Texas and entitled Content Delivery System and Method. Filed December 15.
(3) 95/001,282 – U.S. Patent No. 7,486,625 owned by Net Optics and entitled Communications Network Tap with Link Fault Detector. Filed December 18.
(4) 95/001,283 – U.S. Patent No. 7,283,172 owned by MedioStream and entitled Method and System for Disk Recording of Video Information onto a Disk System. Filed by Apple on December 18.
(5) 95/001,284 – U.S. Patent No. 7,009,655 owned by MedioStream and entitled Method and System for Disk Recording of Video Information onto a Disk System. Filed by Apple on December 18.
(6) 95/001,285 – U.S. Patent No. 7,057,083 owned by ExxonMobil Chemical and entitled Catalyst Pretreatment with C4-C7 Olefins in Oxygenation to Olefins Reaction System. Filed by UOP December 18.